Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Last Blog

It's here. My last blog! I'm almost to the end of My Sister's Keeper. I really love reading Jodi Picoult's work. I know she has a lot more novels that would be interesting to read. I like her because her topics are usually unexpected and creative. Who would ever think of writing about a designed-child created to save her dying sister. It seems unreal. I'm still torn about my opinions concerning this topic. Of course a family should do anything to help their children, especially to save their life, but there are limits. I would be really concerned about Anna's (younger sister) feelings and definitely her health if I were her parent. I'm just thankful that I'm not in their position.
So I'm supposed to do my book talk coming up soon in class. I can't decide which book I should talk about! I've read so many great novels from a good range of topics. I can describe my intense drug memoirs or romantic dramas. I feel like I would have a lot of good excerpts to read from in A Million Little Pieces or My Friend Leonard. These settings are exciting and the topic is very interesting and a definite crowd pleaser.
Anyways, thanks Mr. Hill for being such an awesome teacher. Your class as been one of my favorites by far. I love how excited you get about teachings us new things; it's easier to want to learn new things when the educator is just as enthusiastic. I'm also surrounded by a great group of students in your class. So thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment