Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last Week

I can't believe this is already our last week of blogging! This semester is flying by, which makes me really happy. I'm so ready to go to college!! In fact I just recently committed to Ohio University to swim next fall. Go Bobcats! Anyways, I'm not going to lie, I thought having to blog was going to be a big pain at the beginning of this class. Now blogging has become my favorite part of this class. I love being able to reflect about anything regarding my book of choice. So cool.
So I'm still in the middle of reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. On my way to a recruit visit to OU this past weekend (5 hour drive yay!) I actually got to read the book and watch the movie. I don't think I can get through that movie without crying. It was nice being able to put faces to the characters after I had just watched the movie. One aspect I'm actually disappointed with in the movie is that Jessie (the brother) isn't depicted as such a big rebel. Sure he has his moments when he stays out late but the movie doesn't really show Jessie doing destructive things. In the book, Jessie is a regular fire-maniac. He finds pleasure in finding old, abandoned buildings to set on fire. What's ironic is that his dad, Brian, is a firefighter. While Brian can go to work doing his regular work, he has no idea that some of these fires are caused by his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment