Sunday, September 4, 2011

Currently

Pages Read This Week:100+19
Semester: 222

I finished reading Franny and Zooey, and now I'm starting to read Palo Alto Stories by James Franco.
Overall Franny and Zooey was pretty interesting, I liked how odd the Glass family was and their awkward and tense interactions. I wish the book would have moved a little faster.

My favorite sentences this week are as follows:
1."Then, on a sudden but apparently pressing impluse, he stretched out supine on the carpet."
I like this because it has a vocab word from last week in it; it's kind of cool to see the words we learn being used.

2. "His apology had been genuine, and Mrs. Glass knew it, but evidently she couldn't resist taking advantage of it, perhaps because of its rarity."
This sentence shows just how stubborn and rude Zooey can be, especially towards his family.

3. "...So I'm really good in math class, but I don't announce it because I'm a girl."
This quote is from my new book, Palo Alto Stories, and it shares how teenagers in this tough area felt they had to fit a certain stereotype or behave a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment