Thursday, October 13, 2011

Currently

pages read this week: 211
semester total: 1460

favorite sentences:

"...I realize why dawn is called mourning."-A Million Little Pieces

"We all choke. Winners know how to handle choking better than losers."- Mind Gym

"I'm sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect."- Franny and Zooey

I'd say I really like all of these sentences because they're real; they share the truth and don't hide anything. I love the use of playing with words the author uses in the first sentence. I think the second sentences speaks the truth about athletes that most don't want to admit. And I like how real the character is being in the last sentence; she isn't afraid to share how she thinks people can be fake and no one has shown any worthiness for respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment