Thursday, October 20, 2011

Currently

pages read this week: 144
semester:1604

all from My Friend Leonard by James Frey
"This is what she seeks, she seeks freedom. From her past, form her addictions, from herself. From her loneliness. I will do anything to give it to her."
"I have used substances to control and kill my emotions and my insecurities and my rage for my entire life. I have spent the bulk of my existence using alcohol and drugs to destroy what I feel so that I wouldn't have to feel it."
"My life is a simple routine."

1.Stardust has a literal denotation in this excerpt, with a scholarly, intricately-designed level of elevation, and a sound neither glorious nor dull.- XC Hoosier 3366
2.The last excert from Survivor by Palahniuk Has a powerfulfully high elevation fortified by a strong connotative tone and ended with a blunt sound leaving anyone who reads this picking their jaw up of the floor. -The Chief
3. I would place Stardust at an elegant high, with precise denotation, and a middle sound that is neither hamonious and sweet nor discordant and bitter. -I need a Nap?


I really like the first sentence because this blogger was able to talk about all three axis' but it reads well and flows together.

No comments:

Post a Comment