Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Notebook

With all the reading about drug and alcohol addictions for awhile, I decided to give myself a break and read a classic romance story. What better story to read than The Notebook. I am obsessed with this movie any all other motion pictures that were adapted from Nicholas Sparks' novels. I kind of like to do things the opposite way and I actually like to watch a movie and then read the book it was inspired by after. I did this after watching My Sister's Keeper some time ago and I ended up loving the book way more, which kind of surprised me. I definitely one of those people that would love to sit down and watch a movie rather than play a game or read a book (sorry Mr. Hill). Maybe I liked it so much because it's ending was different from the movie and was totally unexpected and thrilling, you'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about.
Anyways, so I'm really interested to read The Notebook and see how alike it is to the movie. So far I love the format of the book; like the movie, it switches back and forth between Allie and Noah's past and the story being told to the old woman. It's also helpful to have characters in mind from the movie to create a picture in my head while I'm reading the book. I've noticed that Sparks portrays the older man reading the book a lot less optimistic than the character in the movie. In the beginning of the book, it almost seems that he is depressed or hopeless about his long love and their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment